(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
DO YOU WANT TO RELIVE THE LEGENDARY 60’S OF THE LARGEST MOTORING COMPETITION?
The Formula 1 World Championship officially began with the uncertainty typical of the novelties in the 50s with the legend of Fangio, with Nino Farina as the first world champion, with the origin of Ferrari and the glory of Ascari, the chivalry of pilots like Peter Collins, the uncrowned reign of Stirling Moss and the rise of British brands like Vanwall, Cooper and BRM …
But by the 1960s, the passion for Formula 1 racing was already a reality. The world was ready to receive new legends. The decade of the 60s was that of British brands trying to maintain their hegemony, suffering the eternal attempt by Ferrari to reign again and the push of new brands such as Matra. They were the years of the Scottish flyer, of the magical combination of Jim Clark and Lotus, which allowed us to see one of the best pilots in history, and of his rivalry with another of the greats, Graham Hill.
It was also the decade when John Surtees, three-time world motorcycle champion, also tried to triumph on four wheels. And also the years of Brabham’s resurgence, this time with the challenge of achieving victory with his own team. It was also the time when Jackie Stewart began to forge his own legend, that of a magnificent driver who shone from his beginnings in Formula 1. The 1960s were ten years of passion, a perfect combination of the importance of talent of the pilot with the development of the machine, appearing the first and rudimentary ailerons.
In this book, the evolution of each of his seasons is reviewed race to race. I trust that it will allow you a pleasant learning experience, or that it will bring back pleasant memories. Thank you very much for trusting this book, which I hope you like.
In this book you will relive:
· The evolution of the Formula 1 60s in a format that relives the most important events of each grand prix and its most important anecdotes
· The legend of Jack Brabham, and his assault on Formula 1 with his own team
· Ferrari’s eternal attempt to dominate the competition despite the hegemony of the British manufacturers
· Stirling Moss’ latest attempts at his long-awaited world title
· Graham Hill and his glory years with BRM
· The legend of Jim Clark, the Scottish flyer, and his contribution to the rise of Lotus
· John Surtees, three-time world motorcycle champion, and his ambivalence in Formula 1
· The origin of a Formula 1 legend like Jackie Stewart and his racing debut
· McLaren’s early years as a manufacturer, and Bruce’s best years in racing
· The evolutions of the 60s: monocoque chassis, first spoilers, full face helmets …
Get ready to once again enjoy a glorious time of the greatest motorsport competition!
ASIN : B09CMM4V4L
Publication date : August 13, 2021
Language : English
File size : 22264 KB
Text-to-Speech : Enabled
Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
X-Ray : Not Enabled
Word Wise : Enabled
Print length : 217 pages
Lending : Enabled